Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"It was bumpy!!!"



We have had an eventful week. The highlight was Lola's first day of preschool. We got up early on Monday and got dressed up in school clothes. Then we waited for the school bus. Lola's bus is adorable. It is the proverbial "short bus" with only a few seats on it. The local pastor drives it, and it is filled with 2-4 year old kids. After weeks of whining to ride the bus and go to big kid school, I was worried that Lola would finally get her chance and back out with fear once she saw the bus. Oh, no. I didn't even get a goodbye. She barely humored me with a picture before climbing those tall stairs and sitting next to her little friend from church. It was sad to see my baby girl going off to school, but I know she will have loads of fun this year.

Later that day I picked her up from daycare.

"Did you have fun at school today?" I asked, "How did you like the school bus?"

"It was bumpy!" Lola replied. Interestingly, a friend's little girl said the exact same thing when her mom asked her the same question. Must have been a bumpy ride.

Last weekend was Palouse Days. We all had fun watching the parade, looking at the car show, and catching the ping pong balls dropped out of a helicopter and trading them in for prizes. We had a huge stash of candy in the stroller from the parade, and Lola wasted no time in getting into it every chance she got. Lola and Rowan especially enjoyed the park and the new swings that we finally got put in down there. We have visited the swings 5 times since they went in last week! Rowan absolutely loves the swings, and giggles every time we put him in. Lola found an old wasp nest, and thought it was a pretty cool toy. In other news, Rowan got to move up to the 6-9 month toy stash this week, and he especially loves the animal train. I especially love the music this toy makes....it brings back fond memories of wishing the batteries would run out!

Well, it has been a long week, and sleep is much in order. Will update more later, when I am less deprived.

No comments: