Sunday, February 1, 2009

Slippery Fish

Lola has been going to preschool for half a year now. I decided that it was time we had a "parent teacher conference"- our first ever! We went and learned all the cool things that Lola gets to do in preschool for three hours every Monday and Tuesday morning. I wish I was in preschool! They sing songs, paint, dance, dress up, and tons of other really great stuff. That night Lola decided to serenade me with one of her favorite preschool songs, Slippery Fish.

The next night we were reading one of her favorite books "Where the Wild Things Are" and we got to the pages where the animals are having the "wild rumpus."

I asked her on each page, "What are they doing here?"

"Dancing!" she yelled.

"How about here?" I asked, turning the page.

"Swinging!" she said.

"How about this page?" I asked, on the final page of the rumpus.

"Humping!!!!" she squealed.

?

I have no idea how she came up with "humping." It was enough to make Daddy lower his newspaper and ask her to repeat herself.

"Humping!" she yelled again.

"Honey, what is humping?" I asked.

"You know, Mom, like this!" and she threw her arms in the air and wiggled them around violently in circles, while simultaneously jumping up and down. OK, weird, and seriously hilarious!

In other news, Rowan's brew is coming right along. Last week it was transferred into a giant glass jug, a process which Rowan thoroughly enjoyed. Tonight it was carefully bottled and put away to await our taste test in about two weeks.

I bought Rowan and Lola a toy in the discount toy aisle, and they LOVE it. It is a big blow up car with tons of little plastic balls to play in. They "drive" it all over the living room. You know who else loves it? Wil. He loves how I continually add to the toy explosion that has become our living room. I know he does!

Lastly, we went on an awesome weekend getaway to a local indoor waterpark with friends. It was an absolute blast. The hotel was nice, and the water was nicer. The kids loved going down the fun waterslides, and even Rowan splashed in the kiddie area. I don't have any water pics, as I was afraid I would lose my camera in all the commotion. Sunday morning the girls decided to do their own makeup with Lola's toy makeup kit. Let me just tell ya, Princess Pink lipstick does not come out of blonde hair...even when exposed to high levels of chlorine and rapid rides down water slides. My daughter is going to school as a punk rocker in the morning!

Rowan has decided to learn the stairs. After a few controlled tumbles, he is starting to get the hang of it!

Well, I am exhausted, and it will be awesome to sleep in my own bed tonight. Yeah!

No comments: