"Mommy" said Lola sleepily, "you said we could color Easter eggs tonight if I was good for Daddy today."
Oh no. I had promised Lola in a rush out the door that morning that we could do eggs later if she was good. That was before I had the 12 hour day from hell at work. Arg. What could I do though, those big eyes looking up imploringly, promising me that she really had been a very good girl all day.
So, at 8:30 pm on a Thursday night, we sat down to color Easter eggs. It was fun. This year she could just about do it all by herself. Good thing we are going to tear out the carpet though, as it is now speckled pink and blue under her chair.
The day before Easter morning was cold and rainy. We dressed the kids warmly, although Lola insisted on wearing her Easter dress, obviously chosen for her months earlier when I assumed that the weather would be at least decent. It was Rowan's first Easter egg hunt. Like his sister, I only had to show him once what to do, and he was off on an egg collecting mission.
Both kids gathered plenty of eggs, and ate way too much candy that day.
Easter morning was just as cold. The kids awoke to Easter baskets bulging with Dollar Store wonders that the Easter bunny had meticulously collected for the last couple of months. They played with their toys awhile, and then we dressed up and packed up to go to Gramma and Grampas. After a short visit (the Easter bunny had left a few things there too) we headed to Church for a lovely Easter service. We spent the rest of the day relaxing before having a fantastic Easter dinner with Gramma and Grampa, and Great Gramma.
The kids went to bed early that night, full of treats and happy with their fun-filled Easter day.

No comments:
Post a Comment