Monday, August 3, 2009

Friends!

We have been very busy lately. The house is still for sale, but we aren't discouraged. It just means there is more time to get the new house ready! It has been very hot here, so we have been spending a lot of time in the mountains or in the pool. We have been to Kamiak Butte twice in the last week with friends. Rowan loves the slides there, even though sometimes I think he might just shoot off the slide clear into the underbrush. I'm not sure what makes baby butts so slippery on a slide, but whatever it is, he has got a double dose of it!




Rowan and Lola had a good time the other day at Kamiak playing with Lola's good friend and her new baby sister, recently adopted from Ethiopia.


We decided to drive to Yakima for a wedding, traveling to the only place hotter than here. We stayed with Wil's sister and brother-in-law in their delightfully air conditioned home. The wedding was really great! It was very hot. The kids stayed in the back of the room at the kids' table where they colored happily for most of the party. Some friends with a little girl Rowan's age sat with us. When the little ones started getting fussy, Wil would dole out m & m's one at a time to keep them happy.

The ride home was less than pleasant, however, as Lola probably had us stop to pee at least 7 times.

Both kids have been eating so much watermelon lately that I am concerned that they might turn into watermelon! They love the stuff and can't get enough!


I love summer. How lucky are we to live in such a great place? I went outside late tonight to let Ivy tinkle in the yard and I could hear the faint sound of fiddle music wafting over the wheatfields. The stars were shining and the air was cool. Life is good!

1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

Palouse is awesome!

where is your house that you are selling and where is your new house? Good luck with both!