
Well, we took the plunge. We did something so adventurous that it will go down as one of the biggest and most potentially life changing decisions we have ever made. We put Lola in her big girl bed tonight. Considering that it is Memorial Day Weekend, and we have several days off in a row to deal with the difficulties of moving Lola from crib to toddler bed, we decided that this was the time to do it. Wil was sure that we would have to get all Super Nanny on her ass, and stand outside the room ready to put her back in bed 8 million times a night, but she only cried for a bit, and never tried to escape the bed. Yippee!!!! I bought her Disney Princess bedding, which helped, I'm sure. Why Disney Princess? I can't stand Dora, and the cute fairy bedding had the most provocatively posed Tinkerbell that I had ever seen adorning the comforter. Anyway, seems like tonight might actually go ok. Just in case, we put the baby gate up to block her into her room, preventing any midnight escapades. Also, I don't think it is a good idea for my two year old to attempt our farmhouse stairs in the dark.
We survived the stomach flu, but now Lola has pink eye. Yay. The joy of daycare. By the way, getting eye drops into Lola is equivalent to about 30 minutes of strenuous aerobic activity. Tonight I actually needed a glass of wine afterwards. It is amazing how she can turn into a writhing, screaming, 30 lb pinball with Wil and I as the pinball bumpers. Thank the Good Lord that we only have to do it for 3 days.
Well, both my children are sleeping peacefully in their little beds right now, and I am headed to mine, where I plan on enjoying a lovely 15 minutes of down time reading my coveted "SkyMall" catalogue before slipping nicely into a NyQuil and Riesling induced coma....at least until feeding time.

No comments:
Post a Comment