Saturday, June 7, 2008

I Poop in the Potty!!!


Well, it has finally finally FINALLY happened. Lola woke up yesterday morning, and I asked her, as usual, if she would like to wear her big girl panties instead of diapers. Usually she says, "no shanks" and I put a diaper on her and we go on with our day. Yesterday however, she answered "YEAH!!!" I wasn't going to argue with that.

And so our journey to potty training has begun. I have decided that potty training is as much an ordeal for the parent as the child. All day long I had to monitor the clock. How long had it been since the last potty? Has she pooped today? Should I give her more milk or not? After a few hours we settled into a routine. Every half and hour or so if Lola hadn't asked to potty in awhile, I asked her to go sit on the pot. This works awesomely! I tell you, I almost did a cartwheel when she came running out of the bathroom saying "Mommy, I made a plop!!!" (This means she pooped, long story.) We immediately had a huge potty party. We got out the kiddie roller coaster, had a real pop (Lola never gets real pop, so this was a big deal) and cracked open a popsicle.

I was sooo happy that I almost forgot about how bad the day had been. On top of the constant potty monitoring, the stupid cat ate Lola's spaghetti-o's, the other stupid cat got locked in our bedroom and had diarrhea all over my clean laundry, and then Lola flooded the bathroom. She likes her privacy when she sits on the pot. She strips all of her clothes off, because you see, you must be completely naked to sit on the toilet. Then she grabs her toy catalogue and sits on the pot for awhile. This particular time, I hadn't heard a word out of her in awhile, so I went to check on her. I opened the bathroom door and immediately noticed that the once full toilet paper roll was empty. I had hardly gotten the words "Lola, where's the toilet paper?" out of my mouth when I realized that the entire roll was in the potty, and her hand was on the flusher.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

But it was too late. The bathroom instantly became a pee water pond, and before I could get the water valve shut off (it was hopelessly stuck) there was two inches of water on the floor. Nine bathtowels and six loads of laundry later, the bathroom was clean. Even this horror was just a bump in my happy road, however, as I feel that finally, we are about to say goodbye to Lola's diapers forever!!!!! Today we even went to a birthday party and all the way to Wal Mart with big girl undies on. Hooray!

Two days down, lots more to go.

No comments: