Wow. Those are words I NEVER thought I would hear. I also never thought I would respond with "Oh Honey, I would LOVE to see your pee!"
Yikes.
Anyway, potty training is going ever so well. Only 3 accidents since starting a week ago, and none of those have been number 2, which is awesome for me. Our garbage can in the bathroom is far less stinky (imagine that). Everyone has seen Lola's "big girl panties." This includes Grandma, Great Grandma, the neighbor guy, our pastor, and all the old ladies at church. Whatever, when you are two it is completely ok to show off your Disney princesses to everyone you meet on the street.
Yesterday was our first day of swim lessons. Lola did great. She loved jumping off the side, but she always forgets to wait until I get to three in the countdown! My arms are aching from catching her. She really enjoyed her lessons, and actually, so did I, despite having to appear in a bathing suit in front of everyone.
Today Lola was rewarded for her potty training success with a new bike. Forget the bike though, I also bought her two little hermit crabs. Evidently the expression "I have crabs!' can actually be a good thing! She loves the little critters and has only dropped them once or twice. Luckily I picked a pet with armor. Perfect for a two year old!
Unfortunately, my luck with avoiding fevers has finally ended. Today Lola developed a mysterious fever which has just not quit. Tylenol won't even help the poor little thing. Pathetically she fell asleep on my lap for the first time in ages, and I put her to bed. Poor Rowan kind of got the shaft today. He may not have gotten a bike, but he did receive a giant rainbow hedgehog which Wil thinks might be batting for the other team. Overall a good day, and hopefully poor little Lola will wake up happy in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment