
Boxes, boxes everywhere
Have you seen my underwear?
Totes of toys and bathroom stuff,
I'm not sure we have enough!
Heavy lifting, cussing, swearing,
Is that my shoe that Rowan's wearing?
Have you seen that little screw,
you know the one that you put through
that piece of plastic for the light
That Lola can't sleep without at night?
Did you remember that one box
the one that holds all of our clocks,
because without them I don't know
what time it is, or when to go
to swimming lessons, school or work.
In what pile of junk could those clocks lurk?
I'd love to send that thank you note,
the address book is in some tote,
in the garage that holds no car,
because of boxes stacked as far
as eyes can see,
o woe is me!
Where oh where can that book be?
Boxes, boxes everywhere,
after a move it seems unfair,
to have to tackle this endless task,
(anyone seen that whiskey flask?)
Maybe by the time I'm gray,
I'll get this junk all put away.

No comments:
Post a Comment