
Life is good! I have a perfect son, a perfect husband, and a sweet little daughter, so why suddenly have I gone all Brooke Sheilds? I was recently diagnosed with postpartum depression. Me! Of all people! It all started last Thursday when I snapped. Just snapped and couldn't eat or sleep or even hardly function at all. Thank goodness for the support of family and friends, and God. I am getting "better and better every day"! I am not going to dwell on this unfortunate development in this blog, but am keeping track of my treck out of the darkness in a different blog, which I may eventually publish. Just thought I would mention it since it has certainly affected the life of my family.
In the more upbeat news, Rowan is doing awesome! He is 6 weeks old and weighs 10 lbs. What a tank! He is alert about twice a day, and really likes to look around. Of course that is about all he can do, as he is about as mobile as a sack of potatoes so far. He loves to watch his sister, and seems to be able to see several feet ahead of him. He actually enjoys tummy time, exactly opposite of Lola, who screamed bloody murder every time we did it with her. Rowan has started to smile and it is enough to break through even the deepest darkest mood.
Lola is her busy little self. She really hasn't done anything remarkably funny lately, but has learned to sing her ABC's, and can count to 12, skipping the number 4 every time. She continues to be a joy, and is spending less and less time in the time out chair lately.
Well, I am off to bed. Will catch up later!

No comments:
Post a Comment