
Entry for March 5th, 2006
Yes, I know that song by the Kinks. Yes, I know all about the Copa Cabana! Well, to catch you all up, Lola Noel was born on November 14th at 9:32 pm after 9 hours of labor. Let me interject a little note about labor...it SUCKS! Anyway, she was 6 lbs, 6 oz, and was a whopping 19 inches long. In other words, she was tiny! 0-3 month clothing hung off of her in the way I only wish my maternity jeans do now. She was a cutie. Then she turned yellow. Like high liter yellow. She had elevated bilirubin that wouldn't quit...even with the little baby tanning booth we had installed in our home for 3 days. After way too many pokes in the little heel with a needle, we finally discovered that the levels had gone down and Lola was just fine.
For the first 3 months, Lola could eat, poop, and scream. That was about it. What a resume'! Suddenly, last month, she woke up. She stopped screaming so much, started drooling massively, and began to smile. Now, instead of doing an imitation of a noisy paperweight, she has become interactive!
We had our first swim class yesterday, and she loved it. It was a blast! She wore her tiny Nemo swimsuit.
Anyway, I would love to continue this introduction to little Lola's Blog, but I am exhausted. Lactating does that to a person.
See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment