October 13, 2006
It has finally happened. 11 months into this adventure, Lola is sleeping through the night. She has been for about 2 weeks now. I have finally dared to write about it here, as I have been worried about jinxing myself by announcing it prematurely. Oh, sweet, sweet sleep...how have I missed your warm and loving embrace!! Lola goes to bed at 8:30 sharp, and we start to hear rustlings from her room around 7:00 am. Perfect. I don't know how long this wonderful little vacation from reality will last, but I am grateful for every Z filled night of it!
In other news, the kid is finally weaned. She hasn't nursed in 3 weeks, and neither of us seems to be worse for wear. In fact, I am probably much happier due to the mass quantities of booze that I can now consume guilt free. Just kidding, I'm a total lightweight now. After one beer I'm feeling the buzz. Sad. I feel like I am betraying my Cougar heritage.
Speaking of Cougars, Lola is going to her first Cougar football game in a week. That should be interesting. I bought her the entire overpriced Cougar game day outfit. She should grow out of it in about a month. Oh well...had to look game day great!
What else....hmmm....no new teeth, but Lola is walking more and more. She took 6 steps in Spokane the other day! Today I heard that she walked a little at daycare. Soon she will rise above the animals and become a little biped.
Well, I am going to bed now. I am going to read some of my book, cuddle into my blankets, and drift off into wonderful sleepy land with the comfortable knowledge that I won't be woken up in the middle of the night to feed the creature. Instead, I get to dream about tomorrow, and look forward to seeing her happy smiling face in the morning, at a normal time, when normal humans get up.
Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment