
December 19, 2006
Well, it has been over a year now since we were blessed with little Lola. She started walking right at the end of October. She has been standing since August, but finally took those tentative steps around Halloween. Now she is running! She now says several words....kitty, Mommy, DaDa, BaBa, bath, hot, hat, doggie, oooo pretty, uh oh, and hi Lola. When she isn't saying real words, she spouts out lengthy babbling sessions. She looks at you with such a serious expression, and you just know she thinks she is making real words. Sometimes she points her finger at me and angrily lets loose a stream of her "words" and I know that I am on the wrong end of a serious butt chewing.
Lola had a birthday party the weekend before her real birthday. She had all her little friends over for cake, and Mommy and Daddy had all our big friends over for wine. We all had fun, but Lola and I had too much birthday, as we both caught terrible colds right afterwards. Lola's birthday taught her one important life skill....seek out boxes wrapped in pretty paper and destroy...there might be something good inside! Her birthday was just practice for Christmas. She has already opened several early gifts, as well as several gifts for other people. At least I can use her "help" as an excuse for my very poor gift wrapping skills.
Lola had her dedication at Church too. Not much to say about that except that it was very nice to have so many of her family and friends in the congregation that day. She wore an adorable white dress, and was beautiful as always.
As for teeth, the mean little suckers are coming in right and left. She still has only two little bottom teeth, but on top there are four, and more on the way. Teething for Lola causes a mild case of the grumpies, but she still thankfully sleeps through the night.
Lola has become a big help at the clinic since learning to walk. She has so far attempted to eat a jug of dog vitamins, completely traumatize the clinic cat, and dump a container of used needles. Arg. Luckily, there is always someone right there to prevent disaster. I don't know what Darwin would have to say in this situation.....
Well, I expect the milestones to slow down now, but not the daily excitement. Tonight I got my first real hug. She put her little spaghetti arms arond my neck, patted me on the back, and squeezed. Awwww...it melts your heart.
One year down, tons more to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment